The Old Vicarage
Tintagel PL34 0DJ
If you wish to order framed prints from this website, then please e-mail me in the first instance at email@example.com
I generally work with two standard, but very high-quality, printed and framed sizes, which will suit the vast majority of all locations. (I do not offer prints at less than about A3 size, as any smaller sizes simply do not do justice to the images).
1. 30cm by 45cm image (about A3) printed on glossy Kodak Pro Endura paper and mounted in a simple and modern frame made from solid black oak. The frame is 2cm wide and the image is separated from the frame by a 5cm wide bright white passe-partout, giving total external dimensions of 44cm by 59cm (about A2) by 3cm deep. The frame is completed with glossy float glass and hanging fixings. The price for this item is £250, excluding post & packaging. All prints are signed on the rear and are of a limited edition.
2. 70cm by 105cm image (between A1 and A0) printed on glossy Kodak Pro Endura paper and mounted on a frameless aluminium dibond. The image is protected by a glossy UV film lamination. The total image thickness is only 3mm, enabling the frameless mount to sit very close to the wall, via aluminium hanging rails. The price for this item is £500, excluding post & packaging. All prints are signed on the rear and are of a limited edition.
Both framing systems are printed and manufactured in Germany - they are very high quality and suitable for professional exhibitions, domestic or commercial use. Once I have received an on-line bank payment from you for the relevant amount, or a PayPal payment as below, I can then arrange for the production and delivery, which generally takes about two to three weeks.
3. However, I can also prepare A3 images in more simple black frames. A high-quality A3 image in an A2 black aluminium frame with a white mount is £120, while an A3 image in a simple A3 black wooden frame is £60. Direct payment via my PayPal account is the easiest option here - you can either pay from your own PayPal account or simply by using a credit card payment to my PayPal account. Either way, I will send you a payment request via e-mail or as a text message to your mobile. Both prices exclude post & packaging.
4. I have also just started selling 30" by 20" (about 76cm by 51cm) high-quality photographic prints, as stand-alone prints, which can be framed to suit by the purchaser. These are about halfway between A1 and A2 size. They are printed locally at a professional photographic printers on Fuji Pro Pearl photo paper, which has a slight gloss. These are priced at £60, excluding post & packaging.
Alternatively, if you just wish to download high-resolution JPEGs (8-36 megapixels (MP)), then please also e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where necessary, you can then use your own high street print shop to get the size of print that you wish from my JPEG, and you can then choose your own mounting or frame at any suitable outlet. For a canvas, you will need a print quality of 100-150ppi, whilst for a very good print you will need 150-200ppi, and for an excellent print (viewed very closely) around 200-300ppi.
A small file will be less than about 12MP and be suitable to print at around 30cm by 45cm (about A3), whereas a large file will be 24-36MP and be suitable to print at around 70cm by 105cm (about A1/A0). All the images displayed on this website are less than 1MP, which you could only print at a postcard size.
Mind you, I have had large files printed out on 96-sheet advertising billboards, which are 3m high by 12m wide at 15ppi (which look great) - so, it does depend on how close you are to the print!
All my photographs are sold as Rights Managed, as opposed to Royalty Free, and on that basis the prices are then as follows:
1. For a JPEG for single, personal or minor commercial use, the price is £25 for a small file and £50 for a large file. (Copyright of the image remains mine and you may use the JPEG once only - for commercial use, you must also credit me (photo by Simon Bourne) in any publication or any on-line location).
2. For any major commercial uses (for advertising, for example), please contact me directly, where a Rights Managed fee, dependent on location, medium and time, will generally range from £100-500 per JPEG. (Copyright of the image remains mine - where possible, you must also credit me (photo by Simon Bourne) in any use).
Generally, all my photographs do not need any Property or Model Releases, as they are all usually taken of public places from public land. I carefully remove all traces of trademarks and people. Anyway, all photographs are sold on the basis that I have not supplied any Property or Model Releases. As with any photograph bought from a stock agency, it is the sole responsibility of the purchaser/user of the image to check whether any releases, or any other kinds of approval, are needed.